• What does the order number mean, how it gets generated?
When an order is punched via any mode, it is submitted to the exchange & the exchange will generate a unique order number for that particular transaction.
• What is order time?
Order time is the time when an order is submitted to exchange.
• What is the trade number, how it get generated?
A trade number is generated when an order is executed and get completed, trade number is generated from the exchange, the difference between order number and trade number is, an order number will be generated for all type of executed trades whether it is complete, reject, or pending but trade number will be generated for completed trades only.
• What is the security/contract description?
This indicates the name of stock or contract in which trade was executed.
• What is the indication of "B" and "S"?
In your contract note, letter B indicates Buying & wherein letter S, shows Selling.
• What does the quantity tab indicate?
Quantity indicates the number of shares in which trade was executed.
• What does gross rate/trade price unit mean?
These are the rates, applied before the addition of brokerage and taxes.
• What is brokerage per unit?
This shows the brokerage applied for per share.
• What is the net rate per unit?
Net rate per unit indicates the actual rate/unit post applying the brokerage.
• What is the closing rate per unit?
These show the closing price of any particular stock.
• What does payin/payout obligations mean?
This shows the fund shared with an exchange in case of buying any stock or the fund you suppose to receive in case of selling any stock, this calculation always indicates the amount before applying brokerage charges and taxes.
• What is the Taxable Value of supply (Brokerage)?
This shows the brokerage charged on transactions.
• What is the taxable value of supply (TOC)?
This means Turn Over Charges, applied by an exchange on turnover of any particular day.
• What is SGST & CGST?
This means “state goods & service tax” and “central goods & service tax” which is charged @9% each (9% CGST and 9% SGST) on the taxable value of brokerage & TOC.
• What is stamp duty?
Stamp duty is levied by the government on buying of shares, rates are different for intraday trading and delivery.
• What is the security transaction tax(STT)?
STT is levied by the government, rates are different on Intraday and delivery trading. It is applied to buying and selling in delivery and only on selling in terms of intraday.
• What is the SEBI TOC?
SEBI TOC is turnover charges levied by SEBI @.00005 % on total turnover.
• What is the net amount receivable/payable?
This indicates the final debit /credit amount of a particular bill after all charges & taxes for any particular day.
• What is ledger balance?
Ledger balance is the actual balance in the client's trading account which could be in debit or credit.